Re: About social balances

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: About social balances
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:30:10 +0100

   I don't believe in "droits moraux". I have no objection to the idea
   that there might exist some right of an author that is separate
   from copyright, but the idea that this right is not transferable
   seems like a mistake.

I have mixed feelings about droits moraux, since it might be possible
to abuse it.  The author is e.g. allowed to restrict any further
reproduction of the work, and is allowed to prevent any kind of
modification to the work.  This make sense for paintings I guess, but
doesn't make much sense for other creative works like software, and
written works.