Re: Sysadmins

From: prikulis
Subject: Re: Sysadmins
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 19:39:51 +0200 (EET)

Again as a user I hope this would be useful:
In my experience if it turns out, a sysadmin is lazy, then sometimes I
start to feel I have to get back to paper technology. Once i had to make a
graphics and I tend to use Gnuplot. And it turned out that our admin had
upgraded something and one library required for gnuplot was not installed
so i had to use MS Excel, because the features in OpenOffice.org were not
enyough yet. I think it is a problem, when the sysadmin has too much
power. It is better to allow the user to install programs.

Regards,
Janis Prikulis