RE: Use Cases for Encapsulation and Identification

From: Christopher Nelson
Subject: RE: Use Cases for Encapsulation and Identification
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 09:57:17 -0600

> > However, to play along: The computer that runs this
> application will
> > in all likelihood not be a general- or even
> multiple-purpose computer.
> > (To use it for more than one purpose could already constitute a
> > violation of the regulation, because it increases the risk of a
> > compromise).
>
> Marcus: you do not know what you are talking about. In the
> real world, these computers are so overwhelmingly
> multipurpose that it is a wonder that the hospital operates
> at all. Perhaps you imagine that money grows on trees. I
> actually do some work with people at the Johns Hopkins
> Hospital. Believe me when I tell you that your statement is
> uninformed fantasy.

I would also like to second this.  My sister is a nurse, and she calls
me from time to time to ask for help on her *work* computer, which is
running Windows.

Also, I just visted the doctor and we were talking about their software.
The computer *in his office* where he keeps his records about me, which
he entered as he was talking to me, runs Windows.

As Shap mentioned, these are as multipurpose as they get.

-={C}=-