Playing catch-up, and other grievances

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Playing catch-up, and other grievances
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 19:59:12 +0200

Hi,

there was one complaint in one of Jonathans latest emails that raises
a legitimate concern, and that is that I may not have answered
everybody who wanted answers from me on a particular question in the
last few days.

As you can see for yourself, the discussion has been intense, and
there was no way I could write an appropriate response on each issue
immediately.

My normal mode of operation is that I go back and read whole threads,
and look for things that I have left for later.  This time, I am not
sure I can do this anytime soon.

So, if you have an issue you feel requires my attention, and if it can
not wait a couple of weeks, please let me know, privately or on the
list.  Either post your question again (always a good opportunity to
incorporate new wisdom or find a clearer formulation), or give me the
message id.

There is one exception: Do not resend any question about use cases of
confined encapsulation.  There is a challenge running for that, so
please just take the opportunity and participate.  As I have said in
the mail that started the challenge, I am *collecting* them and will
process them later as a batch.

Also, if you have any other concern or complaint, then there are two
things you can do to try to improve things: You can write to me, and I
will see what I can do about it.  Or, if you are scared of me or don't
trust me, you can find somebody on the list you do trust, and who you
think has a good connection to me, and ask them to mediate in the
matter.  There are a number of long-term contributors which know me
personally and although I did not ask to check, I am sure they will be
glad to see if they can help out.

Thanks,
Marcus