Re: Linus replies

From: MT Rezaie
Subject: Re: Linus replies
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:44:26 +0430

Microkernel itself is hard to build but this is some thing such a
difference between waterfall and RUP in Software Engineering. In
monolithic kernels we do not have any architecture (because it is
monolithic) but in micro approach we have a architecture and we must
bound our mind on it and building an architecture that support all of
our need of future is so hard and only comes from academic researches
or big companies. This architecture must work for at least 5 years and
must have some opportunity to be extensible.

For example search the Internet and you will find so little number of
dead or alive microkernels that only comes with support of some (only)
programmers.