Re: A Framework for Device Drivers in Microkernel Operating Systems

From: William Grim
Subject: Re: A Framework for Device Drivers in Microkernel Operating Systems
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:43:48 -0500

Hello, everyone.

I just want to say "Thank you" to everyone looking at this proposal.  I will make those corrections about L4Ka.  Yes, I was talking about L4KA::Pistachio, but I'll make sure I clarify that in my paper.

My main question right now is if Hurg-L4/NG (what are we called now, anyway?) has gone forward with its plans to bring Coyotos into the Hurd.  If that's the case, I will be spending more time with Coyotos than with L4Ka::Pistachio making sure I learn it while I code.

The fact that Hurd was going to use Coyotos was mentioned a few months ago, and there was much discussion about it.  However, I don't know if any of these ideas ever came to fruition.

Again, I'm taking until next Monday away from this project, because I need a break.  However, I'll get down to work with some code sketches and test code next week.

--
William M. Grim
Computer Science Master's Student, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville