address@hidden: Re: Part 2: System Structure]

From: Bas Wijnen
Subject: address@hidden: Re: Part 2: System Structure]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 09:19:22 +0200

As requested by Jonathan, here's his e-mail (and my answer) from yesterday.

----- Forwarded message from Bas Wijnen <address@hidden> -----

Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 19:19:58 +0200
From: Bas Wijnen <address@hidden>
To: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Part 2: System Structure

I suppose you meant to send this to the list?
I did already answer your question though. ;-)  If you use attestation, then
it will fail within a sub-Hurd.  And it should, too.  So if the program
insists on running on opaque memory, it will insist on not running inside a
sub-Hurd.  If we really want, we could make a special system-provided
sub-Hurd-on-opaque-memory which is trusted (and thus can work with
attestation).  Not that we want to support attestation in the Hurd, but you
might want to support sub-Hurd-like behaviour in Coyotos-OS.

Ps: If you did indeed mean to send this to the list, feel free to include this
reply.

----- End forwarded message -----