Re: Hurd/L4 active?

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Hurd/L4 active?
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 13:43:20 +0200

Scribit Shams dies 14/04/2007 hora 14:38:
> I read somewhere that instead of L4, Hurd could be using L4.Sec as the
> microkernel?

Both Coyotos and L4.sec could be used, it seems.

> > rather an experimental/research subproject.
> Why another subproject, why not just develop/experiment with the
> existing Hurd?

Because there are issues with the current Hurd that might not be
possible to solve while keeping Mach as the ยต-kernel, at least (IIUC, in
terms of security and performance).

> Btw who calls the shots at which microkernel Hurd is going to be using
> and the development path for Hurd.

Those who write the code.

Quickly,
Pierre