Re: Broken dream of mine :(

From: arnuld uttre
Subject: Re: Broken dream of mine :(
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:50:02 +0530

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Arne Babenhauserheide
> <address@hidden> wrote:

> Correction: Only *work* does. It need not be hard work, as it can also be fun
> :)

Well, my experience is different. When I was in college,  my Nuclear
Physics class used to start at 8 AM, and everyday when I used to wake
up at 7 AM , I had this thought:

"Oh shit...  I have to go to do that fucking retarded thing again"

When I become salesman, then a call-center executive, then a steward,
I still used to hate my work. When I joined this Socket Programming
job, I still hate to go to job but now thoughts are different:

"Eh.. Holy Cow... I have to go to work again. Hey.. I am going to
write code, I will sit on my desk and will start loving again"

Even though I enjoy it, write quality code is a lot of hard work.

I think I am clear enough this time :)

> When many more people should join to have fun hacking on the Hurd, that should
> equal fewer people working really hard (and might even archieve more, since
> having fun is a very efficient way of working).

yeah, thats big problem, Hurd does  not have much programmers, much
lesser as compared to gcc, GNOME and of course Linux kernel
development. I never understood why they have so many people working
on those softwares.

> $ ls blah.zip,,unzip.lisp
>
> :)
>
> If you test them, please tell me the results!

I can't, I don't have a computer.

Thanks for the Lisp translators links though .

--
http://uttre.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/the-lost-love-of-mine/