Re: Broken dream of mine :(

From: Bas Wijnen
Subject: Re: Broken dream of mine :(
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:58:46 +0200

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:19:06AM +0530, arnuld uttre wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Marcus Brinkmann
> > <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > This is not true, at least for me.  Confinement was a big discussion (for
> > political reasons), but it didn't affect my kernel choices (or lack thereof)
> > at all.  It did influence my ideas for overall system design.
>
> After reading all archives of this month, I came to certain point but
> now your words have confused me.
> Now I wonder why Viengoos was created as an alternative if Coyotos was
> fine.

I don't know about Viengoos, but I do know about my own kernels.  I did
not write them because there was something wrong with Coyotos.  In fact,
I wrote them because I really liked the things Jonathan told about what
Coyotos would be like.  However, Coyotos did not actually exist in a
working form.  And nothing seemed to happen on the website.  But I
wanted to play around with capabilities anyway.  That is why I wrote my
first kernel.

Now I'm writing Iris because I liked writing a kernel, and I have a cool
target machine. :-)