[Libcdio-devel] Adding required m4 files

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Adding required m4 files
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 22:55:37 -0400

Peter Creath writes:
 > I am by no means an autom4te wizard, so I'm submitting this to the
 > list rather than commiting it to CVS.
 >
 > Anyway, the attached tar allows your to compile straight out of CVS
 > (at least on Mac OS X) without having to install a bunch of extra
 > stuff.

The tar was too big for the GNU mailman default. I've since upped the
default to be able to handle an attachment of this size.

As best as I can tell the attachment didn't go through. But that's
okay, because I've just applied the patch along with some CVS adds so
it goes into the repository.

Do you know what specifically would have be be installed on Mac OS X?

 > I manually tweaked the attached autogen.sh to include files in the
 > attached "m4" directory, but there's probably a more elegant way to do
 > this.  Also, I don't know if we want to bother with distributing these
 > m4 files in the tarball, since they're only needed to run autoconf.

The default behavior of the automate system seems to be to include
them. (More specifically, "make dist" includes the m4 directory
without any change above what you had.)a