Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 2.1.0 released and on ftp.gnu.org

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 2.1.0 released and on ftp.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:05:52 -0400

Rocky Bernstein <address@hidden> writes:

> See http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libcdio/?C=M;O=D
>
> Thanks to everyone for the hop on this release and especially to Edd
> Barrett and Thomas Schmitt. This bulk of this release is work that they did.

[I disappeared from libcdio since it's something I wanted to help package
and fix for NetBSD more than a core interest and I was distracted by a
number of things other than Free Software.]

Thanks to all for paying attention to portability.  The release builds
on NetBSD-8 under pkgsrc just fine, and I have just committed an update
to pkgsrc.

I noticed that cdda-player is not build on NetBSD or OpenBSD, and it
seems clearly intentional (but I didn't see it in NEWS, so I'm only 99%
confident).  It was built in 2.0.0; perhaps it never did anything
useful.  This was somewhat non-obvious, so a AC_MESSAGE of "Disabling
cdda-player because it is not supported on NetBSD and OpenBSD" would be
perhaps helpful.

All the tests pass on NetBSD-8/amd64.