[Libcdio-devel] Question on CD-TEXT character encoding

From: Denis Leroy
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Question on CD-TEXT character encoding
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 23:01:13 +0200

Hello,

I was looking into an encoding question that was asked about cdrdao, and am looking at the Character Code (byte 0) of the Block Size Information pack type (type 0x8f), which specifies which encoding is used for the cd-text text packs. I don't think I have ever seen a CD that had a value other than 0 (for ISO-8859-1), but I see that in theory there's also support for 0x80 for CP932 (Japanese), 0x81 for Korean and 0x82 for Mandarin. Does anyone know whether these encodings are common in Asia? Does anyone have a raw dump of a CD-TEXT blocks with these?

Cheers,

Denis