Re: [Libcdio-devel] Question on CD-TEXT character encoding

From: Robert Kausch
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Question on CD-TEXT character encoding
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 18:38:28 +0200

Am 23.04.2022 um 23:01 schrieb Denis Leroy:
I don't think I have ever seen a CD that had a value other than 0 (for ISO-8859-1), but I see that in theory there's also support for 0x80 for CP932 (Japanese), 0x81 for Korean and 0x82 for Mandarin. Does anyone know whether these encodings are common in Asia? Does anyone have a raw dump of a CD-TEXT blocks with these?

I have a bunch of Japanese CDs and none of them have CD-Text. Those are not Sony release, though, and I expect discs released by Sony to come with CD-Text in MS-JIS encoding.

So lacking a disc with CD-Text, I created my own in order to test MS-JIS encoding support in fre:ac. I used a test version of HOFA CD-Burn.DDP.Master for this. The only authoring software I could find that supports Japanese CD-Text. I don't have that disc anymore, so cannot provide a dump, but maybe you can do the same and create your own test disc with this tool.

Best,
Robert

----
Robert Kausch