libreplanet-discuss

Re: Advice Workplace that Forces Non-Free Software

From: Jonathan Sandoval
Subject: Re: Advice Workplace that Forces Non-Free Software
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:33:13 -0500

Sad to hear your story. It sounds like a bad working environment for new
ideas if they answered like that. And I think you're right when you say
it's a bad time to lose your job.

What I'd do in your place it's try to keep my job while trying to get a
new one. You'll be able to negotiate better terms in a new job, and be
more picky, if you have a current job. You can research other places,
what tools they use, how open are they to new ideas and so
on. Eventually, a good job offer will appear. And try to save as much
money as you can, just in case.

And kudos for promoting freedom.