libreplanet-discuss

Parabola-rM: Desktop GNU/Linux on E-Paper Tablet

From: Davis Remmel
Subject: Parabola-rM: Desktop GNU/Linux on E-Paper Tablet
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 04:15:54 +0000

Greetings libreplanet-discuss,

I wrote a step-by-step instruction manual for installing Parabola to the
reMarkable tablet using only-free software. The result is a 10.3" epaper---and
I think this is the proper word---notebook that runs a full X graphical
environment, with fast partial screen refresh. It works with USB OTG, and has a
built-in EMR (Wacom) and capacitive touch digitizers.

  http://www.davisr.me/projects/parabola-rm/install-guide-latest.pdf

I also put up a project page.

  http://www.davisr.me/projects/parabola-rm/

I hope this inspires some conversation about running Emacs in the sun. :) My
own, biased, opinion is that it's lovely in '-nw' mode with an external
keyboard.

Enjoy,
Davis