libreplanet-discuss

Re: Suppression of speech in this list > Was: Carefully written essay as

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: Suppression of speech in this list > Was: Carefully written essay asking for proportionality for rms
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 17:59:12 -0500

Greg Farough <gregf@fsf.org> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 30 2021, quiliro@riseup.net wrote:
>
>> Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@croatiafidelis.hr> writes:
>>
>>> (Regarding the close to last lines of mine in bottom: I did not receive
>>> this email of yours via libreplanet ML.)
>>
>> There are 7:
>> * Message not available
>> at:
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2021-04/threads.html
>>
>> I wonder when did I ask the moderators of this list to prevent me from
>> reading the expressions of others.  I ask the moderators: please give me
>> a link to where I can read those emails.  If others do not want to see
>> those messages, let them opt-out of those messages (not out of the whole
>> list).  But please do not control my right to read!
>
> I am not sure what happened in this case, but we have not moderated
> any message in this thread.

¡Oh!  It was not moderation?

> The only circumstance in which we would reject a message without
> notifying the sender is if it's a clear-cut case of automated
> spam. Please do not jump to conclusions when a technical error is more
> likely.

I thought that message on the web page meant that those messages were
manually removed.  Notice that I did not mean that there was no
notification to the sender.  I meant notification to the readers and a
way to read the original message.  I know this might not be included in
the mailing list software.  But it would be good to consider the needs
of the readers who do want to read all messages, in case moderators want
to suppress speech because of list policy and not because of automated
spamming.

I am very sorry for assuming that it was not a technical error.  Please
consider my apologies.