Re: libgcj/1736

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: libgcj/1736
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 12:56:59 +1300

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> > So, it's trying to pass the compiler -Wl flag directly to the linker
> > for some reason. I hacked the libtool script a bit and everything
> > worked.)
>
> Care to post your hacks? :-)

All I did was to remove the "\${wl}"s from whole_archive_spec_flag.
Presumably thats not a correct fix ;-). Perhaps it would suffice to
simply clear "wl" when entering the incremental mode, assuming we know
the linker will always be called directly when doing incremental.

> I've been meaning to update libtool in the GCC tree, I was
> just waiting for his patch to go in and for a new snapshot to do some
> multi-platform testing of it.

OK, that would be great (probibly in libjava we should have the updated
ltdl also). I'll revisit this issue once the new libtool is in the tree.

regards

  [ bryce ]