Re: crosscompiling dlls (linux->windows)

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: crosscompiling dlls (linux->windows)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 22:07:13 +0100

On Friday 13 April 2001  4:57 pm, Guido Draheim wrote:
> I did lately try out the newest cvs version of the autotools, and
> I was amazed that libtool can not create dlls with it.

It creates dlls fine for me.

> I had been
> using the libtool-version from the libsdl.org project, and it did
> work fine.

Ah, but you want cross compiled dlls right?

> Sam told me, that his changed were not merged into the
> original libtool project. That's bad - I don't want to exit from
> my gnu/linux box just to create a dll.

I remember seeing Sam's patches,but don't recall whether they were rejected
(and if so why) or simply missed... I lost my libtool patch queue along with
the rest of the contents of my hard drive in March.  It may very well be that
with a little bit of work, and some paperwork we can accept Sam's patches.

> Is someone working on this feature?

Not for cross compilation.

> Is it on the agenda of some prime maintainer of libtool?

Nope.

> If I will look into the topic, will patches be accepted?

If the patches are clean, or you don't mind working with me to clean them up
before they are committed I would be delighted to accept them.  Please take a
look at http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/contributing.html for some
guidlines.

> TIA,
> -- guido                                     http://guidod.4t.com

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ___              _   ___   __              _         mailto: address@hidden
home page:  /___/                      /___/                  gpg public key:
http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk           http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk/key.asc