Re: make check failures

From: Nick Hudson
Subject: Re: make check failures
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:16:12 +0100

Patrick Welche wrote:
[...]

> FAIL: mdemo-exec.test
> FAIL: mdemo-inst.test

> FAIL: mdemo-exec.test
> FAIL: mdemo-inst.test

> This is on NetBSD-1.5W/i386 with libtool source from 16 Jul 2001 12:42GMT.
> (used "bootstrap" with cvs autoconf and automake of today, gmake 3.79.1,
> BSD sed)

OK. I am now seeing the same thing and the reason is that the configure
stuff for libltdl doesn't expect dlopen to exist in libc - it is
expecting it in libdl or libsvld. Parts of the configure output are
below..

-- cut here --
configure: running /bin/sh './configure'  --enable-ltdl-install
--cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
[...]
checking build system type... i386-unknown-netbsdelf1.5.1
checking host system type... i386-unknown-netbsdelf1.5.1
[...]
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
[...]
checking for dlopen in -ldl... no
checking for dlopen in -lsvld... no
checking for shl_load... no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
checking for dld_link in -ldld... no
checking for _ prefix in compiled symbols... no
checking whether deplibs are loaded by dlopen... yes
[...]
checking for dl.h... no
checking for sys/dl.h... no
checking for dld.h... no
[...]
-- cut here-

A lot of things in ltdl.c are conditional on HAVE_LIBDL which is just
wrong in this case.

Nick