libtool RFE

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: libtool RFE
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:14:42 -0700

It seems I need to be able to build both 32 and 64 bit
libraries.  Since nobody seems to have anything to do,
maybe we can add this to our copious spare time activities:

Construction of multiple output libraries based on more
than just the -PIC compiler flags.  viz., the
``-xarch=v9 -xregs=no%appl,no%float'' variation on Sun.

Since I have not taken a serious look at how you manage
the build-with-PIC vs. build-without-PIC stuff, how hard
would anyone guess it might be to put together a list
of compile options and associated target library names,
then going through all the compiles to build libraries
one after the other?  Can I do it over lunch?  ;-)
Probably not.  :-(