Re: C++ exceptions fail, CVS libtool, gcc 3.0.1, Solaris 2.6

From: libtool
Subject: Re: C++ exceptions fail, CVS libtool, gcc 3.0.1, Solaris 2.6
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:53:43 -0500

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 09:06:35AM -0500, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 address@hidden wrote:
> > > Has anyone else seen this problem?  Is it due to libtool?
> >
> > Have you tried generating a small test program with exceptions to
> > determine if GCC is the culprit? I cannot imagine anything inherent in
> > libtool that would cause a problem. Are both versions of GCC built the
> > same (i.e. with GNU as/ld)?
>
> Both versions use Solaris 'as' and Solaris 'ld'.  Tests with simple
> exceptions in a small stand-alone program show that exceptions do
> work. A somewhat larger test program crashes in libstdc++
> (libsupc++/vec.cc:52) so perhaps this is a compiler library issue
> unrelated to libtool.

Sorry, cannot be of much additional help. You might want to try the
3.0 branch from CVS for GCC (3.0.2 will be released soon) or examine
how libtool builds with 2.95 and 3.0 to determine if it does anything
differently (I'm not aware that it does).

If it is a bug in GCC 3.0.1, then it's a regression against 2.95.x and
will most likely get high priority.

--
albert chin (address@hidden)