RE: Could you do something about spam?

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: RE: Could you do something about spam?
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:08:58 +0200

> On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 08:45, Grzegorz Jakacki wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Why is there so much spam on address@hidden Is there
> anybody blocking
> > spammers?
>
> Mailman allows filtering of messages only on headers, so a lot of spam
> gets through.  Since traffic on address@hidden is fairly low, the
> signal to noise ratio is not good :-(

Then again, for the same period of time, if 5 spam messages get
through to, say, address@hidden or address@hidden, 20-30 spams
get through to libtool(-patches)@gnu.org.
I suggest syncing the filters for the libtool lists with the ones used
by others.  One thing you could do is block all messages in Korean, as
they seem to account for 90% of spam on here (I think this is what is
done on the autoconf/automake lists, but I'm not sure).