Re: configuring libtool on 10.3.3 and/or multiple symbol definitions

From: Randall Skelton
Subject: Re: configuring libtool on 10.3.3 and/or multiple symbol definitions
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:51:10 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for your reply Peter.

While I am using libtool for a couple of projects now, it is still rather
new to me.

./libtool --version
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5 (1.1220 2003/04/05 19:32:58)

By 'libtoolize' I suppose you mean:

  cp /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 ./acinclude.m4
  glibtoolize --force
  aclocal
  automake --add-missing
  autoconf
  configure
  ./configure
  make

Sure enough, it builds now!  Many, thanks!  My main reason for using
libtool is to make it easier for others to build the code...
Does everyone need to 'libtoolize' prior to building?  If not, under what
circumstances should they?

With regards to bootstrapping HEAD or branch-1-5, I am using the latest
releases (not CVS) for both autoconf and automake.

Cheers,
Randall