[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Libtool 1.5.8 problems on OSX: ${wl} evaluation [#9382]

From: George Feinberg
Subject: Re: Libtool 1.5.8 problems on OSX: ${wl} evaluation [#9382]
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:41:35 -0400

Hmm, as far as I can tell, it is being passed by GNU libtool to g++ successfully, it is just echo'ed incorrectly. But I believe you and will try and reproduce it this weekend.

That said, do you mean running libtool with MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET set to 10.3, or is it sufficient to just have that in my environment while building?

It is needed/used at configure and build time.

I found time to work on this again today.  Unless Don's done something
to today's DB tree, It does appear that using MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
on 10.3 is working now.  I'm not sure why this didn't work before, but
I cleaned, re-configured and rebuilt everything I have.

This time, it works!  The link line is now -undefined dynamic_lookup,
which is what is documented to work on 10.3. -flat_namespace, as expected,
is gone.

So, my particular problem is solved; however, I still suspect that if
someone were to use the other settings, they might have problems.
There was definitely a difference between using ${wl}-flat_namespace ${wl}-undefined ${wl}suppress and passing "-flat_namespace -undefined suppress" raw, where
the latter worked for me.

Thanks for the help,


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]