Re: Using libtool 2.0 in autoconf tests

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Using libtool 2.0 in autoconf tests
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:19:45 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Peter O'Gorman wrote:

I would approve a patch which added LT_TRY_LINK or some such macro, and created a temporary configure time libtool script to do so. I think it would be a fairly hefty patch though. There is certainly enough information available to allow this as soon as the LT_INIT macro is complete, though there will be issues with quoting, as things are quoted one extra time because of the intervening config.status.

In my configure.ac file, which I have been updating for libtool-2.0, LT_LANG(C++) occurs after LT_INIT() so it seems that the above statement may be bogus.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden