Re: ltdl on win32/visual c?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: ltdl on win32/visual c?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:43:46 +0100

Hi Andreas,

* Andreas Jellinghaus wrote on Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 09:07:54AM CET:

> does anyone successfully use ltdl on win32/visual c?
> is that even possible and supported?

It's probably been quite a while, just guessing from the last
time there was a bugreport about it.  Some bitrot will have to
be expected, unfortunately.

..time passes..

And libtool.m4 looks like someone turned that off for safety
(Search for "Visual"), but some remnants are still there.

What I do know, is that you might need a wrapper for the command
line flags, I think its name was cccl.

> background: years ago someone in the opensc project
> wrote "scdl.[ch]", a mini library to load and use
> shared objects/plugins on all plattforms. I only
> know the name "libltdl" but I guess it does the
> same thing, so I'm evaluating whether or not libltdl
> could be used as replacement. on *ix opensc is build
> the normal automake/conf/libtool/... way, on win32
> we use hand written "Makefile.mak" files with nmake
> and the command line tools from visual c. OpenSC is
> licensed under LGPL, so that should be fine.

Well, I don't know either scdl nor opensc, sorry.

But we'd be happy to take patches or bugreports
against recent Libtool/libltdl versions to make
them work on this system again.

Regards,