Re: Cross compiling for win32 confusion

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Cross compiling for win32 confusion
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:20:40 +0100

Hi Matthew,

* Matthew Metnetsky wrote on Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 08:07:40PM CET:

> I'm working on a couple libraries that have been successfully compiling
> via a autoconf/automake tool chain for quite some time. It also compiles
> successfully under windows with MSVC, but now I'm trying to get it to
> cross compile from linux to win32.
>
> ./configure appears to run fine, object compilation seems to be good
> too, but linking fails.
>
>       libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in
>       i586-pc-mingw32msvc shared libraries

Please add -no-undefined to the link flags.

> After looking around a bit it appears that malloc is not being found,
> but it never explicity says it.

The warning above is generic: libtool will not build shared libraries
for w32 unless you add -no-undefined.

> As such, I'm not really sure what symbols aren't there, and the
> --debug option produces more data than I know what to do with.

Well, if symbols are really missing, the linker will complain later.

> Any help on how to track down my actual problem would be greatly
> appreciated.

If you still have issues, post the link line, what libtool makes of it
and all further linker output.