Re: hwcap 0 nosegneg in FC6 ld.so.cache

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: hwcap 0 nosegneg in FC6 ld.so.cache
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:35:20 -0500

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 21:17 +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> This has two aspects: First, *what* we should do.  Possibilities:
>
> 0) Do nothing.  Except ugly output and marginally slower execution there
> is little to lose, as those names are not absolute directories, so do
> not change semantics compared to when they are not present in
> sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec.
> 1) Ignore those lines in the input file.  Nicer as (0), but semantically
> equivalent.

> If my above reasoning is right, then remains the question *how* to
> implement (1).  I don't see what regression the sed command
>   /^[  ]*hwcap[        ]/d

Hi Ralf,
Thanks for the response.

I am inclined to vote for (1) for now. It might be worth a figuring out
how to have ldconfig (or some other utility) output the real search path
that the dynamic linker uses for the future, parsing ld.so.conf and
friends seems to be fragile, this is not the first time that it has had
problems.

Peter