Re: Libtool woes

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Libtool woes
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:43:27 +0200

Hello Jason, Brian, all,

* Jason Curl wrote on Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 11:41:03AM CEST:
> Brian Dessent wrote:

[ snip nice, concise and well-written explanations ]

> Brian - thanks for the concise description. Ralf - any way to may be
> add an addendum to the libtool docs for this, just for info?

Here's your (and by this I intend to address both of you alike ;-)
chance to get involved in Libtool development -- check out CVS Libtool
as explained on <http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/>, read on how to
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/contribute.html>, and start turning
it into a chapter of the manual.

For short platform-specific configuration notes, see the node "Configure
notes" with sources in doc/notes.texi.  Longer stuff could be put under
"Platform quirks" in doc/libtool.texi; I would not mind if there were a
new section about w32-specific issues.

Expect to have to revise your patch a couple of times.  ;-)