Re: linking a C program with a C++ library on Solaris

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: linking a C program with a C++ library on Solaris
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:11:44 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Tim Mooney wrote:
Thanks Bob, that's great news!

I don't see anything in 2.1b's info files or README or NEWS for updating
a project from 1.5.x to 2.2.  I assume that means that there's nothing
a project maintainer needs to do other than to re-libtoolize his or her
project?

I believe that backward compatability has been mostly respected.

One thing I am aware of is that there is now a requirement that libtool be initialized before libltdl is initialized. There is some newer syntax now. This is what I am using for my nonrecursive project which also configures and builds libltdl nonrecursively.

# Configure libtool
AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
LT_INIT([disable-shared win32-dll])
LT_LANG([C++])
AC_SUBST(LIBTOOL_DEPS)

# Configure libltdl
LT_CONFIG_LTDL_DIR([ltdl])
LTDL_INIT([convenience nonrecursive])

Building libltdl nonrecursively saves a lot of configure time, and it makes the package smaller.

I hope it is nice and warm in North Dakota. :-)

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn