Re: problem bootstrapping

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: problem bootstrapping
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 08:29:54 +0200

Hello Markus,

* Markus Duft wrote on Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 09:07:37AM CEST:

> > > after upgrading to libtool 2.2.6a, i'm having problems bootstrapping one
> > > of our packages. the message i get is attached (output of aclocal
> > > --verbose -I /tools/eprefix/mduft/usr/bin/../share/aclocal > out 2>&1),
> > > as is the configure.ac. the configure.ac is generated from confix.
> >
> > > i must admit that i havent' excessively traced the problem, since i keep
> > > getting headaches reading m4 everytime i try :) so i'm still unsure
> > > wether it's autoconf or libtool causing problems...

> Versions are those:
>
> aclocal (GNU automake) 1.10.2
> libtoolize (GNU libtool) 2.2.6
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.63
>
> third party macros are from autoconf-archive (latest version from [1]),
> with the exception of the CONFIX_* macros, which are local to our
> company and posted here:

Thanks.  I can reproduce this.  I haven't found the cause of it yet.
It might be that _LT_LANG_DEFAULT_CONFIG in libtool.m4 is buggy, or
that there is a thinko in its realization.

However, you should be able to work around this rather easily by adding
AC_PROG_CXX to configure.ac sometime early; i.e., before AC_PROG_LIBTOOL.

Hope that helps.