Re: Understanding libtool on Windows / MinGW

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Understanding libtool on Windows / MinGW
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:33:54 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

I have libjpeg 7 installed as a shared library under MinGW and have
not noticed any problems linking with it.

I never said I had trouble linking with libjpeg.  I said I could not
*build* libjpeg using the workaround I found floating around on the net,
which convinced me that the workaround is wrong.

I am the developer of JPEG 7's autotools-based build so if there is a problem with it, I would want to help get it fixed. Unfortunately, I have not encountered a problem with building JPEG 7 under MinGW.

The GCC 4.4.0 under MinGW seems suspect since it would be a "bleeding edge" version with a lot of zeros. I am using GCC 3.2.3 and 4.4.1 here.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn