Re: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined??

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined??
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 22:27:37 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011, kknd1233 wrote:

And then when I run the command 'autoreconf --install', it said an error
message like
"
lib/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
lib/Makefile.am:1:   The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
lib/Makefile.am:1:   to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf'
again.
lib/Makefile.am:1:   If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in `configure.ac', make sure
lib/Makefile.am:1:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.
"
Could anybody please advise me how to fix the problem and run my little toy
code?? Thank you!

It seems that the error message has provided instructions for exactly what to do. I suggest that you do it. It is very rare that error messages tell you what to do.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn