Re: staging dir (DESTDIR)

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: staging dir (DESTDIR)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 16:07:59 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, 03 Jul 2017 17:17:08 +0000, Tomek Bury wrote:

> Is there any way to make libtool play nicely with cross-compiled
> dependencies in temporary staging directory? I'm trying to build Weston
> which requires wayland which, in turn, requires ffi. Libtool correctly
> finds the 1st-level dependencies (wayland) but then fails on libffi.
>
> In theory it should Just Work (TM) but in practice libtool tries to use sed
> on /usr/local/lib/libffi.la (I've configured with --prefix=/usr/local)
> which doesn't exist.

Instead of doing this cross-compilation work by hand (which has you
realized is a bit tedious), I would suggest to use an embedded Linux
build system, which will do this for you. Pick your choice of
OpenEmbedded, Yocto Project, Buildroot, PTXdist, etc.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons