lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2717 in lilypond: Patch: Implement \hidden/\hi

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2717 in lilypond: Patch: Implement \hidden/\hide as shorthands for \tweak/\override #'stencil = ##f
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 13:49:24 +0000

Comment #20 on issue 2717 by address@hidden: Patch: Implement \hidden/\hide as shorthands for \tweak/\override #'stencil = ##f

Hi David,
How will we document \once and \single so they don't get confused?
Am I correct in these assumptions re \once and \single?

\once = "do the following commands and only apply them to a single time-step (moment in LilyPondish) in the score"

\single = "apply this modification to a one unique property or sub-property relevant particular graphic object (grob) within some LilyPond context or other"

Could you ever get user code specifying \once and \single together?

In everyday usage "once" and "single" are sort-of synonymous, if there isn't a more specific name for \single that isn't too long, ugly or both, let's make it clear in big, friendly letters how different they are in the docs.

(When you frame your reply for me - imagine you're explaining it to Winni and Fridolin - and then make a few more allowances because they've got horse-sense!)

Cheers,
Ian