lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2717 in lilypond: Patch: Implement \hidden/\hi

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2717 in lilypond: Patch: Implement \hidden/\hide as shorthands for \tweak/\override #'stencil = ##f
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:17:35 +0000

Comment #23 on issue 2717 by address@hidden: Patch: Implement \hidden/\hide as shorthands for \tweak/\override #'stencil = ##f

My original thought was "\tweakish\hideNotes" but that does not help making the connection that it applies to the following expression. Other things would be \this\hideNotes or \next\hideNotes or \one\hideNotes. None of those convinced me really over \single.

At least it does not seem like people have significant complaints about the \hide/\erase pairing for the transparent/stencil override.

I do like \new Voice with { \erase StringNumber } { ... }

There would also be other options like \expunge or \remove (though that one is taken already) or \wipe or \kill or \delete or \omit.

Oh.  \omit is actually even better, isn't it?

I'll likely change that, short of protests. Still, something more convincing for \single would be nice.