lilypond-auto

[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4010 in lilypond: Chord repeats should not repeat

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4010 in lilypond: Chord repeats should not repeat forced/cautionary accidentals
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 21:01:02 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Enhancement

New issue 4010 by address@hidden: Chord repeats should not repeat forced/cautionary accidentals

On 13/07/14 09:52, Helge Kruse wrote:
The q may be used for repeated chords what makes notation efficient. I duplicates the last chord literally. But when it contains reminder accidentals they make no sense in the repeat. Is there a way to tell q that it should skip these accidentals?

Example:

\relative c'

{
   % q duplicates literally the accidentals

<fis a d fis>4 <f! a d f!> q q |

   % desired output

<fis a d fis>4 <f! a d f!> <f a d f> q |

}

David Kastrup wrote:

Well, just write the latter version.  This is similar to

\new Voice \with { \remove Note_heads_engraver
                   \consists Completion_heads_engraver
                 }
{ c!\longa }

which I (wrongly) thought we had already dealt with.  It appears I have
mentioned this when entering issue 3593 as having _also_ been discussed,
illustrating how important the bug squad is for not letting reports get
dropped silently.