lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4010 in lilypond: Chord repeats should not rep

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4010 in lilypond: Chord repeats should not repeat forced/cautionary accidentals
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 21:03:42 +0000

Comment #1 on issue 4010 by address@hidden: Chord repeats should not repeat forced/cautionary accidentals

On 13/07/14 15:43, David Kastrup wrote:

Hi all,

"chord repeats should not repeat forced/cautionary accidentals". That's pretty straightforward.

Of course [because it's 'common sense'], I agree this should be the default behaviour...
But I think it would be nice if there were still a way to override
that, e.g., q! and q? to repeat the accidentals.

I don't see that this makes sense.

     <a! cis d?> q!

is going to be what?

     <a cis d> q?

is going to be what?

At some point of time, one just has to accept that q is a shorthand.
Once it becomes hard figuring out the proper semantics, we are leaving
the shorthand realm.