Re: PATCH: new types of arpeggio

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: PATCH: new types of arpeggio
Date: 31 Aug 2001 20:36:32 +0200

Chris Jackson <address@hidden> writes:

> It's the first time I've done anything like this (hacking free software), so
> I'd appreciate it if people tried this out to let me know what they
> think.

> The arrowhead looks OK but I think it could be prettier.

Yes, they really should be.  The code looks ok, but the output is
poor.  Although I don't have a piece of music that shows a well
engraved arpeggio arrow, the heads should be bold, and not as straight
as they are now, I think.  The also should fit well on the arpeggio;
maybe the head should consist of half an arpeggio element.

Also, the chord bracket should be drawn in postscript.  This should be
real easy; the code for tuplets could serve as an example.

> I mainly use Lilypond to do piano music, so another thing on my to-do list is
> the piano pedalling notation that looks like |_____/\____/\___| , unless
> anyone else is in the middle of doing this!

That would be nice.  I haven't heard of any such effort, but we did
have some requests for it.

Greetings,
Jan.