Accidentals Patch 1.5.24

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Accidentals Patch 1.5.24
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:39:36 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> I have added some regression tests, but really, as long as the
> break-command is out of order it is hard to do some serious testing.
>
> Now for the embarrasing part: I just discovered that my earlier
> accidentals patch actually ruined the broken tie part (which I didn't
> and still don't fully understand). You can see that the regression test
> shows different results in 1.4.9 and 1.5.23.
> The broken tie-part of my new patch is quite half made: I wouldn't
> remove it just yet (scared of ruining something else) but on the other
> hand woulnd't start bugfixing it either - in case we decide to remove
> it.
> A lot of new code can be removed if we decide to remove the broken tie
> accidentals.

As I said earlier, I would like to remove the broken tie-thing, as it
is hairy and be difficult to support properly. If we do remove it, we
must however have a mechanism to get the same result.

One other idea I had (not sure if it's feasible). Instead of a boolean
oneMeasureLazy setting (btw. the name should include accidentals or
somesuch to contrast it with possible other lazyness switches), could
we have a accidentalLazyness property which is a number (the number of
measures to remember an accidental), or perhaps a Moment (the
delta-time to remember an accidental).

The code itself seems to look nice, btw.

>  with note heads), this needs to be in a context higher than Tie_engraver.
> FIXME",
>  /* creats*/       "Accidentals",
>  /* acks  */       "rhythmic-head-interface tie-interface arpeggio-interface",
> -/* reads */       "localKeySignature forgetAccidentals noResetKey
> autoReminders",
> +/* reads */       "localKeySignature lazyKeySignature forgetAccidentals
> oneMeasureLazy extraNatural autoAccidentals autoCautionaries",
>  /* write */       "");

this should have a list of properties written using set_property().

> +
> +/* looks the key up in the cdrs of the alist-keys
> +   - ignoring the car and ignoring non-pair keys.
> +   Returns first match found. */

>      return SCM_BOOL_F;

in most of lily, we return SCM_EOL for  this, as it makes prepending
onto lists nicer.

> +% FIXME: Move this docu (to where?)

good question: we don't have a section on accidentals yet. Maybe you
could add it somewhere (close to the section on notes and rests.)

I'll have a look at the \break command again.