tetex for cygwin

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: tetex for cygwin
Date: 07 Dec 2001 16:22:32 +0100

[List: this is all very experimental]
Hi Mats,

It seems that we're going to get a fully functional tetex setup in
cygwin.  This allows us to drop wrapper scripts, most hairy
environment stuff, and the kpathsea linked with lilypond will work
too.  I've been busy trying to package a texmf tree, and the cygwin
tetex-bin maintainer will do a rebuild of the tetex executables, with
fixes hopefully.

The texmf tree is split-up in three parts, base, doc, and extra;
just like Debian's packages.

Now for the questions: the texmf-base package is still 12MB, would it
be sensible to make a texmf-tiny package, just to support lily's
needs, and: what should be in there?  Also, I'm not sure about the
current web2c cnf files; but they may be changed/fixed by the
tetex-bin maintainer some time soon.

This new experimental stuff is in

   http://lilypond.org/people/jan/gnu-windows/setup.exe
   http://lilypond.org/people/jan/gnu-windows/tar/texmf/*
   http://lilypond.org/people/jan/gnu-windows/base.list # current contents

I'd be grateful if you'd have a look at this.

Greetings,
Jan.

Btw: If you install texmf-base by hand (wget/tar xzf), you'll have to run
     /etc/postinstall/texmf-base.sh
     There's a problem with pdftex, that should be fixed with the next
     tetex-bin release, hopefully.