Re: Nostalgia

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Nostalgia
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:30:59 +0100

>    I was wondering: are there many people that enter articulation and
>    notes separately?

Quite often I add general annotations such as tempo changes,
ritardando ... separately using text scripts on spacing notes.
This makes it easy to typeset both scores and separate parts.

I could also imagine situations like Urtext editions where you
want to add bowings, some articulation marks and so on separately.

>  - fix bugs. ... It's   been rather quiet on this front. Sometimes I
>    get the impression that 1.5 is BugFree (tm)

The main reason I haven't submitted that many bugreports recently
is that I haven't had the time to work anything with Lilypond.
I expect to do a major music typesetting project this spring
but it may take some months before I get started.

>  - More things?  I have about 160 undealt messages from the past year
>    in my lilypond-user mailbox. Maybe someone could cull the useful
>    suggestions from lilypond-user into some sort of TODO list (perhaps
>    on the wiki.)

Is http://lilypond.org/wiki/?LilyPondTodo a good starting point
or should we start a new list from scratch?

>  - Extensive regression testing, i.e. test if all features are still
>    working.
>
>  - Try to get mutopia up to date again: many scores are quite old, and
>    the quality would probably be better with 1.6.

Also, we shouldn't forget about the documentation, both verifying
that the existing documentation is up-to-date and thinking about
improvements.

   /Mats