Re: Nostalgia

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Nostalgia
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:30:31 +0000

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

address@hidden writes:

 - small spacing issues (I've got some things that I still want to
   improve)

c2 c4 simultaneous with c4 c2 is not a small issue, it's awful. If you would space that as if it were three columns of quarter notes the problem would not exist. This has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions.

The spacing of the clefs, chromatic signs, and time signatures remains terrible in 1.4.10 and some of the controls don't seem to work.

   I was wondering: are there many people that enter articulation and
   notes separately?

Easily done with the sed filter I posted already.

articulation1 articulation2 note1* note2*
becomes
note1articulation1 note2articulation2
or vice versa, or substitute anything else of course. I used the * only because it is the most visible symbol available.

And of course if you can't do tablature as a plaything, you apparently won't do it at all.

The persistence of accidentals should be a voice context and not a staff context issue. For whatever reason, this did not come through clearly from the big discussion of the subject. It is a good idea to consider any music with more than one part on a staff to be a reduction.

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden