LilyPond in cvs

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: LilyPond in cvs
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 12:29:17 +0200

Hi All,

Han-Wen already mentioned it briefly last week: we've created a cvs
repository for LilyPond, and Han-Wen and I have been trying this new,
exciting bleeding edge technique for source control and management for
some time now.

While it's quite a step away from (daily) tarballs and patchsets, this
won't bring you very much, because our benevolent dictator has decreed
that he still wants patches from us all, probably to keep a sharp eye
on all the crappy code that some of us may produce :-)

This may change, of course, but don't count on it changing any time
soon (I'm not sure if nagging helps, I'm not even positive that
contibuting great patches will help -- but please try).  We may want
to grant write access to allow simple bug fixing for some of our grand
bugfixers, but this would probably involve having to move the
repository to savannah.gnu.org, which would mean a less snappy cvs,
and less control over the repository for us.

Anyway, from now on you're encouraged to send patches against latest
cvs (against latest development release is still fine, of course).

Here's the specifics.

For those with an account at lilypond.org:

    export CVS_RSH=ssh
    cvs -d address@hidden:/home/lilypond co -P lilypond

Anonymous cvs read access:

    cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/home/lilypond login
    cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/home/lilypond co -P lilypond

The stable tree is on branch lilypond_1_4:

    [cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/home/lilypond login]
    cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/home/lilypond \
      co -P -rlilypond_1_4 -d lilypond-1.4 lilypond

Releases are tagged: lilypond_x_y_z

I'd suggest to put in your ~/.cvsrc:

    cvs -z6
    diff -pu
    checkout -P
    update -P

All you emacsers may want to check out pcl-cvs:

    emacs21: pcvs
    Debian, emacs20: package cvs-pcl
    other: ftp://ftp.weird.com/pub/local

Enjoy,