Re: Guitar tablature for LilyPond !

From: Tom Cato Amundsen
Subject: Re: Guitar tablature for LilyPond !
Date: 01 May 2002 23:15:01 +0200

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 22:53, Rune Zedeler wrote:
> Lamy Jean-Baptiste wrote:
>
> > I am writing a GUI guitar tablature editor for GNOME (GTablature,
> > http://oomadness.tuxfamily.org/gtablature/en) and i am thinking about using
> > Lilypond for output / printing.
>
> GREAT!
>
> > My hack is based on the "tab-staff.ly" file found in Lilypond examples, and
> > it now prints the notes' frets at the right location !!!
>
> Yikes, I totally forgot about that file. I don't really understand the
> idea about it - why the pitch squash engraver was added when the staff
> contains nothing.

The file was never supposed to give a complete output ready to use, but
to print the music on one normal staff, and then have a empty guitar
tab  below to fill out with a pencil. It was me that asked for it when I
had a guitar student last year.

I didn't use it much, but I don't remember why.

--
Tom Cato Amundsen <address@hidden>
GNU Solfege - free eartraining, http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/