Re: Guitar tablature for LilyPond !

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Guitar tablature for LilyPond !
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 22:14:31 +0200

Lamy Jean-Baptiste wrote:

I have made some kludgy drum notation using scheme - see input/test/drums.ly - and probably you could use something likewise to move around the noteheads in the guitar staff.

I've tried that, but it seems broken...

??? What happens if you "ly2dvi drums.ly"?

I've started to write such an engraver (based on the note heads engraver),
and i've added a music property called "tab_string". Now, the problem is
that i don't know how to change this property in Scheme or in the .ly
file...

If you use a translator property, you can change it from within lilypond with

\property Staff.tabString = #3

and in the engraver you can read the property with

SCM tab_string = get_property("tabString");
int tab_string_i = scm2int(tab_string);

> By the way, from where the engraver are created ? grep-ing inthe code
> doesn't give anything, and i know lex/bison code even less than
> c/c++...

You add the engraver from withing a paper-translator.
If you wan't to replace the Note_heads_engraver with i.e. Tab_heads_engraver, you simply say

\paper {
  \translator {
    \StaffContext
    \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
    \consists "Tab_heads_engraver"
  }
}

Check out ly/engraver-init.ly

to see the definitions of all the default translators.

-Rune