lilypond-book no output

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: lilypond-book no output
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 00:30:23 +0200

I would like an option to lilypond-book that simply removes all the lilypond blocks from latex (instead of inserting music). The reason is that all the word-counting-tools for dvi-files that I know get really confused about the music; so when counting the size of a file (without music), one would do

lilypond-book -noinclude blablabla ; latex blabla

and then run the word-counter on the resulting dvi-file.

I have tried to do

\newenvironment{lilypond}
{ \begin{comment} }
{ \end{comment} }

in the start of the lytex-file, which SHOULD just remove the lilypond-blocks if the file was processed directly through latex - but in fact it does not work (produce an error).

-Rune