Re: Flat and sharp engraver/grob ?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Flat and sharp engraver/grob ?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:58:20 +0200

> Lamy Jean-Baptiste wrote:
>
> > I just want to know which engraver create the flat and sharp symbol on the
> > staff, and which grob they are.
>
> accidental-engraver / accidental

Well, Lilypond is case sensitive, so you should make that
'Accidental_engraver' and 'Accidental'.

Actually , the answer differs depending on Lilypond version
and what flats and sharps you actually have in mind. Since you
sent the question to the lilypond-devel mailing list, I assume
that you ask about a recent version of 1.5.xx, otherwise I
would recommend lilypond-user for this kind of general question.

If you want to find it out yourself, go to www.lilypond.org,
(for version 1.4.xx) or lilypond.org/development/ (for 1.5.xx),
click on Manual -> Index of internals -> LilyPond backend
and browse through the list of Grobs (graphical objects).
If you don't know the english term, the Glossary may be
useful. Rune's answer holds for 1.5.xx and is correct if
you refer to the temporary accidentals of different notes.
If you refer to the key signature, look up the KeySignature
instead. The corresponding grobs in 1.4.xx are called
Accidentals and KeySignature, respectively.

   /Mats