Re: Request for comments: Redesign of TimeSignature

From: Han-Wen
Subject: Re: Request for comments: Redesign of TimeSignature
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 00:43:53 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Given this assumption, it seems that we should really modify the
> parser to support mensural notation: the extended \time syntax not
> only sets timeSignatureFraction, but also sets multipliers in the
> parser, so that
> [..]

And in all superfluousness, I would like to add: please try to make a
first implementation without any syntactic sugar. That makes
discussing the inner working much easier.  People always get
sidetracked by syntax, when syntax should come _after_ the internal
implementation is done.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen